What kept me away for Two Months and Seven Days

I don't know what stopped me from blogging. It's about two months since I last blogged.

Starting this post with such a statement is vapid but that's how it has to start. Whenever I decided to write anything, even if I actually wanted to pour it out, I'd fail to put it all into words. Miserably. This happens. This happens after fixed intervals of time. I lose spontaneity and fail to gather my thoughts. I lose interest after a particular point of time. 

How I wish I could tear up my usual schedule for the favor of spontaneity! (By the by, which schedule am I talking about? )

For this period of time, I never thought of publishing my write-ups. Not even once. For reasons unknown. Each time, I started with it, I could sense some serious blockage of thoughts, ideas and words. At some point of time, I even considered bidding good bye to Blogger. I had fallen for WordPress, I must admit that. But then again, I never published anything out there. For me, this was a period of complete numbness and some strange blockage of whatever was my mind could accommodate. This, of course, was vacuous on my part. I could have persuaded myself, pushed myself a little further. The reasoning says that I 'could have' and the fact is that I 'did not'. Simple as that!

This post was completely unanticipated. I started with it with the purpose of filling this timeline with something. With anything that could fill the void of these two months and one week (precisely!). Having had to look at the older posts always made me itch to create a new one. And ta-da, there goes this one, inexplicably accounting for my inability to kill the procrastinator in me. 

Die. Please die, dear Procrastinator.

© Aiman

Comments

Popular Posts