Paroxysm

This blurred picture has been dwelling in my mind for the past couple of days. This particular blurred picture. There seems to be blockage of ideas out there. Spontaneity seems to have ditched me. I need to rack my brain every time I start. It is, as if there is some obstruction to the flow of ideas. Words keep wandering in my head aimlessly. Here, there and everywhere. But with no defined destination to reach. Period.

The point lies in maintaining your sanity. 
The other day, my apprehension of a certain issue made me draw some conclusions out of it. I found people getting delirious at trivial things. There was every chance that people could control their hysteria. There was exaggerated display of uncontrolled emotions everywhere. One kind word and things could have gotten satisfactory. I wonder why we let our ego overcome the kind self within us. When in rage, there is complete unconsciousness of what is justified and what is not.  What seems to be of utmost importance at such point of time is satisfying the egoistic devil within you! It insults the intelligence to act crazy when you can actually modulate your temper in a positive way.

I was made to think that I have the tendency to lose my cool very easily. The effect was so strong that I looked at myself like that only until I was proven terribly wrong. I was given a thousand reasons to swell my ego up by spewing words of malice at so many people at the craziest of times. I surprised myself by doing exactly the opposite of it. Alhumduillah! I didn't expect that from myself. Seriously. The expectations, no doubt, were stupid but I reached up to them pretty well. Victory! This is a triumph in itself. It is an amazing feeling not to let petty things get to your head. Such an air of happiness it provides!

Bottom-line: For those who know you very well, it is an arduous job to actually see you like that. My people are no different. But then, I have learnt that you show your true colors only to the ones you love the most. Strange indeed.

Display the truest form of yourself- always!

© Aiman

Comments

Popular Posts