Evanescent attachments

Jahan jaati ho, wahin ki ho jaati ho (Wherever you go, you get held up there only).
My mom once said this to me. At that time, I did not realize how apt it was for me.  It was a time when I was too small to have been able to grasp it. Or maybe, it was all in the making. Things were yet to be learnt. As time passes by, you start to understand yourself, read yourself a lot better. Your idea of who you are keeps getting clearer than before. The faintness and the smudge vanishes. Some childhood memories, as they say, remain so fresh in your mind. It's a good thing perhaps. The evaluation of your persona becomes straightforward and simplistic. I too, like everyone else have been having a first-hand appraisal of how things are going and how they are affecting me. The better you perceive yourself, the easier it would be to handle your life.

Attachments, I tell you impact your life in a lot of ways. I feel a sentimental fondness to a place or people creep over me every frigging time. At first, things seem so difficult to get used to but then, it gets too strange. Completely unanticipated. It gets to the extent of not being able to let go easily. An attitude of this kind is certainly not approved of. The tendency to make bonds and then break them easily is found in a few. The deranged lot! Wonder what amount of ease and finesse goes into this process! Happily, I'm not one of them.

I have been told that people who get held up in moments are emotionally weak. I don't know how true this statement is. What I could conclude out of all this perplexity is that our designs are exquisite in our own ways. We have exceptionally wonderful sketches of all of our faculties. A person getting caught up in one particular picture, no doubt will have problems adjusting to some other ones but with time, all of that will fade away, eventually giving way to some other beautiful picture. Such is the irony of life. Only if we could actually understand the ephemeral nature of things, life would have been a lot radiant, tranquil and passable.

© Aiman

Comments

Popular Posts