The Year That Was (A Numinous Approach)

Three hundred and sixty five days ago, life wasn’t pretty much the same. And so wasn’t I. It’s all wonderfully amazing, you know. Years pass by unnoticeably. Time flies by, leaving behind a plethora of events. Although it is an embarrassment of riches but the abundance of bad saddens us the most. Human nature, you call it. This time-thingy leaves me awestruck every time. On contemplating this aspect of our existence, I am filled with a bundle of emotions. I suppose we all have our own idiosyncratic gestures. 2013 – How unexpectedly dramatic it was! There was a pattern of changes following every way. My kismet had a lot in store for me.
This was the year which marked the beginning of a new phase of my life. I found myself mulling over the events of my existence more than ever. There were a countless number of times wherein I found myself in the most awkward predicament. Releasing off this entanglement was a task really hard. Beats me how philosophical I got! 2013- It was the year when I was supposed to grind myself in the same way as it had been going on for all these years. There were differences in opinions. Every day, there would be sessions: Suggestions. Advices. Warnings. For me, it hardly made a difference then. Persuasions, as they say, differ every time. My case was no different: Damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. Each time, I found myself bristling in perplexities. And how I wished for that frigging phase to end!
This drama was followed by something even more disastrous. I had to leave Kashmir and everything that was associated with it. Never had I imagined, even in the wildest of my dreams that I would actually be doing this. No, this isn’t exaggeration. My heart bleeds to have seen it happening! I left Kashmir but it couldn’t leave me. Regrets followed the chain of events. Contentment and peace became mere words. Apparently, no matter how good it seemed, it was twice as awful. Pouring out of emotions took place in the form of words. Yes, the driving force for so many notes was this catastrophe of events. Urmm, a lot more than that actually! Period!
On a good note, there was happiness galore too. I met a lot of people this year. There was a lot of construction and destruction of opinions. Moreover, I became my best friend. Explored a myriad of things and started to excogitate. Such a selcouth feeling it was! To top it all, the pangs of mizpah were agonizing. The realizations that I longed to be with the ones I loved the most were unceasing. It was indeed a kaleidoscopic period of my life. Learnt a lot. Grew as a person. Made amendments wherever necessary. Alhamdulillah!
Nevertheless, the uncertainty lies there, as always. Who knows what’s going to happen next! In this deceivingly temporary world, we are mere dysfunctional perishable items. The clock’s ticking away. Live accordingly. Wonder if I’d be writing a similar story for 2014!
Tail-piece: The calendar keeps on changing. Changes are inevitable but decisions are optional. Choose wisely. Stay blessed!

© Aiman

Comments

Popular Posts